Sunday 10 June 2012

Not a good Junathon

I'm sorry to say that my Junathon came to an abrupt holt. I know it didn't really get off to a 'running' start but things deteriorated. My sister-in-law sadly lost her fight against breast cancer this week. My husband understandably is devistated as we all are. Heather was only 52 years old. Its like a bad mightmare repeating itself as I lost my own sister to breast cancer when she was only 33 years old. To top it off my daughter has had sickness and I've had sickness and diahroea. Joy!

Anyway, I am thinking of entering a 1/2 marathon in 12 weeks to try and raise money for a local voluntary group called the Little Haven who gave Heather a lot of support and for the McMillan Nurses who as usual are marvellous people. Can anyone suggest a good plan to follow for someone who thinks 5k is a long run? Just want to finish without collapsing. Not too concerned about the time (within reason.... 5 hours is probably too long lol). Thanks.x

No comments:

Post a Comment