Wednesday 15 June 2011

15th June – I should be a body builder me (not)

Well today is gym day. 4 girlies all drop their daughters off at the nursery and we pile into one car and make our way to the gym. Good gossip session!

Anyway, the gym’s challenge this month is to see how much weight (total weight over ten minutes) you can lift using a  squat, dead lift and a bench press.

Not wanting to attempt this cold I did a warm up by jogging 4 km. When I actually started the 10 minutes with weights I realised maybe 4km may have been too far for me. I thought 20kg would be fine and started with the dead lift. 50 reps of this then onto the squats. 50 reps of them and onto the bench press. 25 reps of them which were more than enough for me with 20kg on the bar, back to squats and dead lifts, repeating 25 of each before changing over. In the 10 minutes allowed I managed 215 reps. 215 x 20 gives me an over all lift of 4300kg. I can do better than that…. surely….here come the excuses….

1)      Ran too far too fast before doing squats
2)      Hands were sweaty and I had to keep stopping to wipe the bar
3)      Bar not wide enough and bent!

Okay, I’m pants but the top score (big muscly male) only sits at 6000kg (aaaaahhhhhh). I recon I can get to at least 5000kg (yeah right but hey it’s a goal). So the official measure/ count happens next Thursday morning.  Better get some more practice in. Maybe listening to some Audiofuel will up the pace and get some more reps in.

To finish off and loosen off I did another 3km (it was too early to go for a shower and leave as I wasn’t driving so just kept going…..gonna feel that tomorrow!) Total run 8km in 35 minutes and 36 seconds.

Half way through wippy!

No comments:

Post a Comment