Friday 10 June 2011

June 10th….Thank crunchie it’s Friday!

Well…doesn’t actually make much difference if it’s Friday or not really. When you work from home and both you and your husband are self employed, then the weekends only mean that you have your child with you for 24 hours a day rather than 21.5 hours. Still loads to do.

Anyway, I am not complaining. The wind has calmed down and rain is currently holding off so as I’ve had my groceries delivered, the hour that I have to do my shopping whilst Catriona is with her Gran can be put to a different use….yeap you’ve got it ….jogging. (Don’t tell Granny lol).

My lower back and thighs are mildly sore from the weight lifting yesterday so I thought a nice gentle jog on the FLAT was called for. Plenty of time for the hills another day as the hills aren’t going anywhere…..neither are my thighs.

So off I toddled to Lanark Loch. A lovely FLAT path 1.5km long around a loch full of swans. Absolutely wonderful. Thoroughly enjoyed it and got sweaty at the same time. Completed the run in 27 minutes and 18 seconds. Plenty of time to get my breath back, stop sweating and get changed before having to collect the monster….

I’ll need to find some sort of padding for my weights bar to stop it hurting the top of my back….even with it sitting on the ‘padded’ bit at the base of the neck. The towel kept moving so not practical. I’ll be against the clock so no time to sit and fiddle with getting a towel positioned just right. Hhhmmm need to think about this until the callous forms.

1 comment:

  1. Granny's don't understand the need for jogging/running-they think you should only run if late for a bus or something!! Lanark loch sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete