Tuesday 7 June 2011

June 7th….It’s windy!

No I am not referring to personal wind I mean outside. Okay so it’s not really windy but I have enough trouble jogging with out any additional resistance (excuse number 1).

First job of the day was to drop Catriona off at school. She is having the morning in Primary School as a trial ready for when she starts school in August. I think it’s a great idea for the nursery children to have a try in Primary School before starting for real as when the big day comes its not so daunting for the children. No problems with Catriona what so ever so next job is off to the rubbish tip with the trailer as I have lots of rubble to get rid of. Once back home I have one hour to jog, shower and get back to the school.

As I’m jogging from the house I leave the drive and I am immediately faced with the monster hill (excuse number 2 for slow time….hills). Nothing like a ‘fast’ warm up. I made it to the top with out walking though so that’s an achievement in itself. Only 2.5 miles to go….against the wind….all the way…..never behind me…..Nasty wind!

Completed 5km in 32 minutes and 5 seconds. Not bad. Not great but that’s day 7 completed.

I’m now off to finish construction of a castle which is to go on top of my car for gala day in just over 2 weeks. Once construction is complete….paint…..with a 4 year old….messy!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh good luck! Did you feel like redecorating?

    ReplyDelete