Thursday 9 June 2011

June 9th….Wet, Cold AND Windy!

Lovely weather today for a jog NOT! It is dark and cold and there’s drizzle and wind. Not a gently breeze that just brushes the grass, No, its wind that causes trees to wave. If ever there was a day I needed a giant kick up the behind to get out and jog its today.

Lucky for me I entered Juneathon. I still think that I must be slightly out of my mind. Juneathon is a good boot for the behind though as I definitely would not be going out otherwise, so off I toddled for a short run (with resistance training also know and the weather). I don’t want to burn myself out to early in the month (like the distances will increase at the end of the month…. Not).

Today I did 3km in 18 minutes and 56 seconds. That’s enough for me. But I did do some more training. As the gym has a monthly challenge, I went home and tried some dead lifts and squats both with a 20kg bar to see how many reps I could do in 5 minutes. Between the two I managed 134 reps so that would be a total lift of 2680kg in 5 minutes. The thighs are sore from yesterday so I know the reps can be better than this. Over the next two weeks I need to build this up to 10 minutes and either increase the reps or the weight or both. Why oh why…….

Answers on a postcard please. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment