Monday 20 June 2011

June 19th….They didn’t tell me there was an obstacle course!

It’s another busy day in the house. First of all I was on rubble duty. There was a large trailer full of rubble that needed taking to the rubbish tip and emptying. Nice great big slabs of concrete. That’s the weight lifting done for the day. Back home to laminate some more Disney characters ready for the gala next week, lunch and then off into Carnwath for what I was told was ‘Kids Games’. As it was tipping it down as usual, not many kids turned up. Think there were about 30 in total. Lots of sporting events had been laid out including an obstacle course. Well as there weren’t many kids, the sports games were done in teams over the obstacle course. I have to add at this point the course would generally suit age 9-11 year olds? I have a 4 year old who insisted in joining in. Not going to complain if she wants to join in. First was the wall that I had to chuck her over (weight lifting session number 2) then a sprint to the ‘A’ frame with the cargo net over it. I needed to stand underneath to make sure her feet didn’t fall through (stretching), another sprint and a dive under the cargo net for a crawl followed by yet another sprint to the rope bridge.  Over the rope bridge and sprint to the next crawl under a cargo net, then up onto a block, do a rope swing, climb through a tyre (I did not do this….I would not fit!) and then the final bit was running through the tyres on the ground. Fastest time completed with a Catriona in tow was 2 minutes 11 seconds. This was then repeated a total of 8 times! I said that the average time was 3 minutes to do the course as I don’t want to cheat, so that’s roughly 800m in 24 minutes. (Probably further than 100m a time too but I’m not going to be picky about that).

When I finally got home….drenched….the rain was still coming down and it was tea time. So alas, yet again, I resorted to the hall dash whilst tea was cooking. Today I managed 1 km in 7 minutes and 8 seconds. I know its not much jogging but all in all I did do quite a bit today which I’m happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment