Monday 6 June 2011

6th June ..... I survived the child onslaught

9.15am and 19 3-5 year olds are waiting patiently (give them their due) to be walked to the local forrest for their forrest lesson. Muggins here volunteered to help. What on earth possessed me! So off we trot. I lost count of how many times I said "please hold my hand", or, "don't walk in the dog pooh" and its only 750m to the forrest from the nursery! I survived though and so did the kids (most importantly of course). The kids all seemed to have a really good time having a snack in the tee-pee tent (which I had to help take down) and making tree faces from clay (lovely jubly mess) and that's the main thing. After all the excitment we had to all walk back again though this time at a very slow pace. Same comments were made all the way back. So thats the first lot of exercise for the day. 1.5km walked (even if slowly) over about 40 minutes or so.

This afternoon I have the joy of taking my mother-in-law to the garden centre. Bring back the kids.....all is forgiven.....

No....shouldn't be that bad. She has one of her hearing aids now so I shouldn't have to yell at her. I seemed really rude shouting at her when we're out but she really is deaf. Not long before she has the second hearing aid and then I'll have no secrets.

As I have no idea what time I'll be home, and I do have a castle to paint for the local gala day when I get back, I thought I had better do my 100 x 10m hall dash. I've ran everyday so far so can't stop now. Time taken was 7 minutes and 4 seconds. Bit slower than last time but all that fresh air has made me tired.

Will aim for 5km tommorrow morning. Hope eveyone else is having a great time and doing well xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment