Monday 10 January 2011

10th January 2011

10th January 2011-01-10

Well a new week and a new start yet again. Catriona at nursery every morning this week so no excuses. I woke up this morning and though my hips were still sore, they were no where near as bad as yesterday. I decided that despite the tropical weather outside of 3 above 0oC (believe me this is warm) and the melting ice and snow (melting not melted), I would give pounding the road a miss hopefully preventing a re-occurrence of the agony hips. Instead I did some circuit training in my living room. The circuit went as follows (over a 30 minute period):

Jog on the spot for a few minutes to raise the body temperature and increase the heart rate. This would have been roughly 0.5km.

48x lunges (front side and rear)
18x tricep lifts (behind head standing up with 10lb weight total)
24x lunges (front side and rear)

Now that I have cramp in my inner thigh as well as feeling sore at the front and back of the thighs, time to raise the heart rate again:

jogx 1 min

12x squat with shoulder press 10lb weight total
12x squat with double shoulder row 10lb weight total
12x squat with side arm lift 10lb weight total
16x double squat with side leg raise
16x double squat with front kick
16x rear lunge with front kick

Thighs not feeling any better (OOOWWW) so back to raising the heart rate again. You can tell I’ve not done this is a while.

65x star jumps

Child birth reminders hit again. I think I held my breath for the entire set of star jumps in a bid to be able to clench the pelvic floor muscle hard enough to prevent having to repeatedly stop to sprint to the toilet. I’m really chuffed. I managed the whole set without stopping once or peeing myself. This is a vast improvement on last year. Pelvic floor exercises really do work.

12x full sit ups pausing half way
12x double crunches
16x elbow to knee crunches
12x back raised
16x straight leg raises (on all 4's)
32x bend leg raised (on all 4's)

If this doesn’t help by bottom nothing will. I’m not having my butt cheeks waving to everyone who might be behind me whilst I jog. Note that I am taking for granted that there will be people behind me. This is the optimist in me speaking here. Thinking positively.

60x star jumps

Again holding the breath as the pelic floor muscles start to get tired.

32x ballet squats with single shoulder row 10lb weight total
16x ballet squats with single shoulder press 10lb weight total
8x ballet squats with double shoulder row 10lb weight total
8x ballet squats with double shoulder press 10lb weight total

Inner thigh no longer exists and walking resembles a baby giraffe.

Cool down

Well that’s that for today. Maybe jog or cross trainer tomorrow. See what the weather and hips have in store. I’m still chuffed that I have done something every day so far. This is quite unbelievable really. It is a shame that the weight loss is back to 0lb though. I’m going to concentrate harder on this and will report back with the weight loss progress in one week. Right off to shower and get some work done before I need to pick the wee monster up from nursery in 1 hour (aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh).

2 comments:

  1. Well done with the circuit training, pretty impressive stuff! Glad to hear you hips aren't as sore as yesterday as yesterday sounded really painful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 65 star jumps!!! Crikey - you go girl lol x

    ReplyDelete