Thursday 13 January 2011

13th January 2011

13th January 2011

Woo hoo. New trainers are here. I ordered some Brooks radius in the sales. I saved a wonderful £45. Its great having a birthday in January as you get so much more for your money. I’ll try them out at the gym tomorrow and hopefully they will be fine and I can use them for the fun run in just over a week’s time. Never fear I never chuck the old ones out. They become my kicking around trainers so they are there should the new ones not do.  

I have had a busy schedule today so far and it doesn’t look like it will be getting any less as the day progresses, although most is due to house work. I know sad, but I always dedicate Thursdays to house work when ever possible. Normally I have the gym in the morning and the house work gets done in the afternoon however, I had some removal guys here this morning taking away my old sofa. Two men arrived at the door to take the sofa away. It was a 3 seater recliner so did have a bit of weight in it. Oh how I had to laugh (quietly and to myself of course) as one bloke managed no bother to lift the sofa. The second 'new' guy just couldn't grip and lift the sofa and had to keep putting the sofa down. Once he did manage to lift his end of the sofa, he tripped, about 3 times, dropping his end of the sofa. It was like my personal Laurel and Hardy act. I kept thinking of all those times I moved the sofa myself and even moved the sofa from the sitting room to the spare bedroom by myself before Christmas. Also, just last night Stevie and I lifted the sofa between us no bother (no stevie did not lift it on his own!) to leave the sofa next to the door ready for the removal boys. I wonder if a career in removals was a wise move for the guy. Either that or I'm wasted on paper work lol. Not a good image of me really is it. The female ‘Sofa Lifter’. Who needs weights and the gym? Lets bench press a sofa…..okay enough…….

As I was saying today, for me, is a busy one. Once the sofa was removed and I could move inside my home once again, the fish needed cleaning. Well not the fish themselves, but the tank. I’ve never come across such grubby fish. I need to clean the tank weekly. Maybe it’s the whole tropical fish thingy with the brackish water that’s the issue as I never remember having to clean the gold fish I had when I was young as often as these fish. Maybe I feed them too much? They are quite chubby…. Must be a family trait. That took well over an hour and lots of walks back and forth from the tank to the sink. (Hope that counts as exercise). After that was completed, time to fetch the wee monster from nursery. Once I had her home I had to make a few phone calls to the insurers for the car and the gas folk to get some gas delivered. Why do sales folk make my life so hard! Some straight forward tasks are always complicated by the sales folk refusing to be of any assistance what so ever. It does make me wonder some times if companies want people’s trade or not! Anyway, that’s done for today thank goodness and I can now get to the house work. Just the normal washing clothes, dusting, clearing away, hovering, bed changing etc. I do have an additional chore of the spare bedroom to sort however. All Christmas and New Year I was unable to access the room other than to get to the cross trainer, which was next to the door, as the old sofa had been dumped in there. As a result everything from Christmas that didn’t have a place to live got chucked, literally, into the spare bedroom. Now that the sofa has gone….oh my….what a mess…..I can see it now…..

As for exercise, on top of the chores for the day and playing with Catriona, I did manage to squeeze in the 100 x 10m hall dash. I waited until Catriona was happy in the sitting room with some ice cream and then got started. 7 minutes and 4 seconds today. Not bad. On top of that I managed 10 full press ups and 3 minutes of the ab circle. Think I’ll sleep well tonight. Just as well so that I’m ready for Martin again tomorrow. OO er misses. Well a really long blog makes up for a really short dedicated run. Bye for now peps.

2 comments:

  1. I've got a spare room just like that too-must be in vogue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy, busy! Well done on still getting Janathon in and 10 full press ups - impressive stuff! :-)

    ReplyDelete