Wednesday 12 January 2011

12th January 2011

12th January 2011

After spending the evening having an annoying twitch in one of my hamstrings as the lactic acid tried desperately to escape from the cellulitic tissue that it is encased in, I woke up this morning still sore but not as bad as yesterday. The gluts still had blunt daggers in them but the hams felt not too bad and the daggers in the quads had localised to just above the knees.  The triceps were a bit sore from all the tricep dips I did yesterday trying to get into a sitting position but at least they got a good work out.

After ice skating to the nursery and believe me, everywhere is covered in solid inches of ice, even ice road truckers could drive their lorries over it without worrying about falling through, I made it home to begin day 12’s exercise. My core muscles have already had a good workout today trying to stay in an upright position on the ice. I therefore jumped on the cross trainer. Oh my hams woke up now. OO, OW, OO, OW, OO, OW with every step. I didn’t load the resistance on to start with or I wouldn’t have got past 5 minutes. I left the resistance to the last 5 minutes. In total I managed 20 minutes on the cross trainer and 3 minutes on the ab circle. I was listening to my new CD ‘floor fillers 2011’, so much bopping took place at the same time. Great fun. Distance covered today 8.22km (average speed 24.63km/hr average cadence 66rpm). I’m currently sweating like a very sweaty thing (I have a very efficient cooling system or so I convince myself) so time for a shower and more paper work. See if I cease in the seat this morning. I’m going to need a crane by the end of January. Bye for now peeps.

1 comment:

  1. Blimey you sound sore and you have ice still poor you feel really bad as ran this morning and it was really warm 12 degrees

    ReplyDelete