Wednesday 26 January 2011

25th January 2011

January 25th 2011.

That’s Catriona off to nursery in her kilt to celebrate Robbie Burns day. Her idea…bless.

I now get to sit down and calculate my average steps taken per day over the last week. I did say last week that I would do this as a little experiment for myself. I was curious how many steps an active parent doing I’d say an average 20-30 minutes a day exercise (thanks to Janathon) would take. So here it is: 10560 step per day on average. Not bad at all. However, it does show that even if you think you are active and run around a lot you still need to do a little extra, even if it is 20-30 minutes exercise each day to reach the 10,000 steps a day recommended to keep fit. So there you have it. I’m quite chuffed but now realise that Janathon may need to be Yearathon to keep fit. Aahhhhhh! I also discovered that you can cover quite a lot of ground doing house work! My housework day clocked up the most steps by far.

Right for today! Whilst my darling little whirlwind was having her weekly swimming lesson, I ran to the gym again. I had a maximum on 25 minutes. I completed 2km on the treadmill in 12 minutes and 6 seconds, but after the run on Sunday I fancied a change so stepped tentatively over to the bike! Oh no not the bike. I did fancy trying spinning but the spinning bike was in use. I had 12-13 minutes left so jumped on the normal bike and started peddling. I managed 5km in 11.5 minutes before needing to head back to the pool for my weight lifting session. That is throwing and twirling kids around above my head. Some work out I can tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment