Wednesday 5 January 2011

5th January 2011

January 5th 2011

Yet more snow outside. I’m glad to say yesterday’s rain in the afternoon got rid of yesterday mornings snow but there is yet more snow outside this morning. Hey ho can’t change the weather. Don’t want to venture outside today to jog. The walk to nursery was more ice skating than walking so not only too cold outside but also to life threatening to go faster than a steady (or unsteady on ice) walk. Also if I were to jog outside I would most definitely suffer from blue face. This has nothing to do with the cold turning your face blue but rather from frozen lungs resulting in lack of oxygen. A very painful condition when old clapped out steam trains like me, wheeze and huff and puff noisily resulting in inhaling ice cold air, through the mouth, and hence freezing the lungs resulting in being unable to take any further breath – blue face.

So the cross trainer it is. Catriona is at nursery so I can bop away to my hearts content (or I fall off with exhaustion).

Stats for today’s cross trainer bop:

Time: 20 mins
Distance: 8.45 km
Average cadence: 67 rpm
Average speed: 25.2 km/h
Number of tunes bopped to: 6

Additional exercise done straight after cross trainer:

10 press ups (full ones not girlie ones)
50 sit ups
1 min plank no breaks

Need to work on the core as this is the bit that wobbles the most after Christmas.

I had a look at my phone yesterday with regards GPS and pedometer. The GPS was not sensitive enough to record my movements about the house so recording how far I travelled doing house work and running after Catriona (and my husband I must add) couldn’t be measured. I’m sure its miles. It feels like it anyway. However, I had slightly more success with the pedometer. Or so I thought. Stuck it on and off I went. By mid afternoon I had clocked up 4606 steps. I was actually a bit surprised at this was lower than I imagined. However, as I was reading the results I was walking up and down the corridor (the 10m one which takes 11 steps to complete…I know sad) and the total number of steps taken on my phone didn’t change. So over 33 steps my count stayed at 4606. Therefore, who knows how many steps I actually did take yesterday? 1, 2 miss a few, 3, 4 miss a few more. The 4606 could easily have been well over 10000. I do have another pedometer but the battery is flat. Typical! I’ll buy an new one at the weekend and repeat the exercise out of pure interest. However, I think it does show that running after a small child (and your partner) can keep you fit.

Weight loss from 1st January 2011: 1lb
(yes gained one back… it was the home made Christmas Cake shouting eat me)

3 comments:

  1. Blimey - well done on the non-girly press-ups, that's harcore! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe you ate 1lb of cake - I do however believe you lost one! - Well done indeed. I'm so tempted to can the chocolate brownies I got for xmas, so I can loose my tyre - or at least put them at the back of the cupboard for a month or so... what to do, what to do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put half back and keep half..... A small treat never hurts anyone, especially after a hard swimming session which always makes you hungry.

    ReplyDelete