Thursday 27 January 2011

27th January 2011

January 27th 2011

Gym day today. Oh the fun. But wait….the gym is packed…busiest I’ve seem it in ages. Oh no…that mean your limited to 15 minutes on the machines. Nothing for it but to do 15 minutes on the spinning bike, 15 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the cross trainer….

Stats for today:

Spinning bike:   15 minutes        9km
Treadmill:         16 minutes        3km
Cross trainer:    15 minutes        3.15km

Not a bad distance over all and a good work out. I did discover that cross trainers are not all the same, or in fact similar. The gym cross trainer has your legs slightly more apart so that you feel that you are straddling some what. Also due to this the movement seems somewhat un-natural. Mine at home is more like standing on a bike. Your legs are in a more natural position and biggish circles. As a result the speed and cadence are completely different as is the distance travelled as a result. It doesn’t make any real difference to anyone. I still sweated….lots….and had a good workout which is the key element. I have taken a liking to the spinning bike though, apart for the saddle which still feels like it has been embedded into my backside. I knew I bought a wider padded saddle for my bike for a reason. Maybe after a number of goes my backside will callous somewhat making the saddle a bit more bearable.

Anyway, 27 days done. Still can’t believe it. 4 to go.
Keep going everyone, not long now. Final stretch. xxx

3 comments:

  1. 16 miles on the treadmill!?!
    I shall report you to the gym police!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know feels very strange that we've only 4 days to go! Well done on getting this far and enjoy the last few days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they make the spinning bike so horrible to sit on so you then stand up all the time, but that is sooo hard on the legs

    ReplyDelete