Tuesday 18 January 2011

18th January 2011

January 18th 2011

Well Blue Monday has past. Things can only get better. I woke up refreshed and actually felt good. The day was a busy one (as usual) trying to get all the paper work done before whirlwind Catriona comes home from Nursery. I did a few goods pick ups for the husband then took the whirlwind and her best friend to their swimming lesson. This gives me 30 minutes flat to hit the gym. As usual the fitness instructor just laughs at me as I speed past him to the treadmill. But oh no…hang on….none are free….aaahhhh….I don’t have long and every treadmill is taken by the lovely older folk having a group walk…..aaahhhh…..surely they won’t be there long. What to do. Right nothing else for it but to get on a bike (unfamiliar territory here). Okay its switched on and I’m pedalling. I up the resistance (a bit) and start clocking up the minutes. Three minutes and 1.5km in total. Finally a treadmill becomes available. That’s the warm up on the bike done and me off to the treadmill.   

With Audio fuel’s 160bpm beating in my ears I start pounding away. I haven’t long as getting to the gym, standing in horror looking at all the full treadmills and spending a staggering 3 minutes on the bike has eaten into my half hour. I do manage 3km in 18.05 minutes. Getting a bit better. To think I need to do twice that distance Sunday and with an inflatable rubber ring around my waist (if I can get it up that far…..if not it will be a big hat!). I’m scared…..I’ll admit it.

Right run and long distance cycle (ha) done, I had to get back, changed and into the pool for my weight lifting session. Only three children today to lift and spin and throw. Two four year olds and one 6 year old. I tell you it’s a good work out! Come 8 o’clock I was pooped again, but at least its evening. I’m allowed to be pooped. Time to put the whirlwind to bed I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment