Tuesday 4 January 2011

4th January 2011

Well it has been snowing again so I don’t think trying to venture outside to exercise is wise. I know it was cold on the 2nd and I dragged my poor daughter out through the ice on my bike but to do this today would be rather too dangerous I think. Looks like its back to the carpet trail. Tell you what though, the calves are flippin sore from doing the hall jogs yesterday! The short bursts of running and turning have really taken their toll. I tell you, I’ll be looking forward to a normal jog…. When ever this might happen. I should have worn a pedometer yesterday as the only time I actually sat down was at meal times. However, taking down decorations, housework and running after a child cannot easily be transferred to Runningfreeonline.com. Wonder if I could use the pedometer and put all this physical activity in the walk section….. To all those hard working parents out there…..it is actually amazing how much physical exercise you do at home. I never really thought about it until today when I’ve been having to log daily exercise. I know I’m usually tired by the end of the day but I suppose it could well be due to running about all day. I have a pedometer on my phone and I think this also has a GPS function though I’ve never really investigated this. Think I might take a look. Would be interesting to see how far I actually travel in a day on foot. Right…. Anyway….after all that contemplation (wow that’s a big word for me)……The hall dash. If I’m not too sore might try it twice today. Catriona was tired last night from joining in and I think it will actually do her a lot of good whilst cooped up in the house.

Stats for  4th January:

Hall dash 1: Distance – 1km Time – 7mins 31secs
Hall dash 2: Distance – 1km Time – 7mins 25 secs
(Catriona starting to stay out of the way so times getting quicker….less obstacles)

Weight loss from of 1st January 2011 – 2lb (woohoo)

I’ll log what the phone says about distance travelled/ steps taken in 24hr tomorrow.
TTFN all you lovely folk. Have fun and keep smiling. 4 days done, 27 to go, 2lb lost 8 to go.

1 comment:

  1. Fab idea to use the hallway, loved yesterday's description and I'm impressed that you did it today not only quicker but twice! I dragged my kids on their scooters around the block, living in London my hallway isn't that long!

    ReplyDelete