Sunday 2 January 2011

2nd January 2011

January 2nd 2011

I can still move. Glad I didn’t try anything more than the cross trainer yesterday. Ate too much again as usual though! So much for the weight loss….or so I thought…..1lb lost. I’m dancing. The cooking was healthy after all and, well, it was only one glass of wine I had, all be it a large one. Anyway, back to the really reason I’m blogging. Exercise. What did I do today? Well. I managed a 4km bike ride with a time of 24 mins 39 seconds. Okay, I know, I’m not going to beat any records but I did have a few excuses for the slow time. First excuse was the terrain. Yes the route was on the road; however, I might as well have been off road with the amount of pot holes. Second, the hills, there are lots of them. For the whole 4km I was never once on flat ground. Thirdly was the extra 3 stone I was carrying. No not mine, mine was the semi-inflated beach ball half filled with lard around the front of me known as my stomach. No the 3 extra stone was my daughter. I have one of those attachments that allow your child to sit just in front of you on the bike. This is great for the balance. However, my daughter thinks it is funny to help with the steering….I didn’t laugh…..secondly you have to cycle with your thighs sticking out at a 45 degree angle. Maybe that’s okay for the blokes, but not for me. Really hard to pedal especially up hills and to finish it all off you cannot stand up to pedal as you would end up head butting the back of your child whilst trying to maintain some sort of straight line! Forth was the fact my chain fell off twice whilst trying to change down gears when I hit the hills and to top it all off it was COLD! Zero in fact! I got home just before some flakes of snow started to fall. Thank goodness it didn’t come to much today (yet). Phew! Exercise done for today. Next time I think about cycling with a hyper child on the bike, someone hit me hard with a brick! Got home though so that’s 2 days down, 29 to go………….and only 9lb!

2 comments:

  1. Well done on your 4km bike ride especially considering the additional weight :-) you were pedalling.

    KC xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, avec kid adds extra work for sure, I'm about to try to persuade bob to cycle to the swimming pool while I run with him... Watch this space and good luck for th rest of the month Sean x

    ReplyDelete