Sunday 30 January 2011

31st January 2011

January 31st 2011

Yeah, woo hoo, yippy, the 31st is here.

I woke up this morning when my husband left for work at 4.30am. I hadn’t slept well due to the cold my daughter had so kindly shared with me. I had ‘purred’ all night, that is every time I’d breathed in I could hear the mucus in my lung gurgle and the bubbles pop resulting in a sound not too dissimilar to a cat purring; and was now unfortunately wide awake due to a coughing fit trying to dislodge this chesty mucus! I had so wanted to do a jog this morning to get my running distance over the 50km but I felt that the nearly freezing temperatures would not have mixed well with the extra fluid in the lungs. Lung freeze would surely have occurred. I knew I was not in any running for distance covered during the Janathon though I have managed to exercise every day and log and blog daily (still in shock that I have managed this) so decided though I was up, I’d try and be among the first to complete Janathon. So I donned my shorts and t-shirt and headphones and hit the cross trainer for the last time during Janathon whilst Catriona slept. Today between the coughs, clutching the chest from pain and sneezes I still completed my 20 minutes and did 7.94km (average cadence 63.45, average speed 23.83km/hr). No illness is going to stop me completing Janathon after getting this far!

So stats for January:

Days exercised:                     31
Total Distance:                      152.2km
Running distance:                      46.7km
Swim distance:                         400m
Bike:                                        19km
Walk:                                       2km
Cross Training:                         84.2km
Chances to advertise:            1
Races:                                    1
Wins:                                      1 (though not the race but the fancy dress at the race)
PB:                                          1 (by 19 minutes over 6km)
Days logged:                          31
Days blogged:                        31
Weight lost:                           3lb
Weight gained:                      2lb (don't go there!)
A huge well done for everyone who took part in Janathon. It was fabulous and I really enjoyed myself and the challenge. Everyone was great and the encouragement was superb, very motivational. That’s to the organisers of the event as without you this would never have occurred. I think Janathon helped lift the moods of many that during January would usually have been low. Roll on Juneathon when there hopefully won’t be the snow and ice to hamper outside activity. Mind you this is Scotland so you never know there could be snow in June and if it isn’t snow and ice it will most definitely be rain and wind (getting excuses in early).

What to do now?

I have a 10k to train for but it doesn’t seem the same. Oh dear the loose ends.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done you! Congratulations on completing Janathon...hopefully see you again for Juneathon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be back. Can't wait. Thanks everyone for the great encouragement throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for completing Janathon and getting out there today!! Hope the 10k goes well, will you blog about it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi runorgocrazy, I might well blog but maybe not daily! It would be good to look back on and also for others to see that if I can do it everyone can lol. Been sent some more local races this am. A 6k, a 10k followed by another 6k so that would sort the year out for me! Hope they aren't all in fancy dress though as I may struggle for ideas.

    ReplyDelete