Friday 28 January 2011

28th January 2011

January 28th 2011

Catriona was up through the night a lot with a cough, poor thing. We are all totally shattered now. Never mind, this morning is a beautiful morning. I think it’s the first beautiful morning here this year. Still sub zero but the sun is shining, the sky is clear, the birds are singling and there is no snow or ice on the ground. Well maybe just a little ice.

I decided that after dropping Catriona off at nursery I would attempt my first ever outdoor jog this year. I needed to exercise where I couldn’t just stop when tired and so thought a jog outside would be great now that it was possible to stay upright on the roads. If I got so far then I still had to get back home so no skiving. So on went the new trainers that have yet to see the light of day rather than the artificial light of a gym, in when the ear phones and off I trotted still with the imprint of the spinning bike felt on my back side from yesterday! (They really need to do something about them saddles). At first it didn’t seem too cold, however, after a couple of minutes I could feel my ears starting to nip. I wasn’t turning back though just because of that. The vapour in my lungs hadn’t frozen so there were no real excuses. I past a neighbouring farmer and waved hello to him I could see the look on his face which said…..why?......Stupid? On I plodded. The sun was shining brightly so I couldn’t see a thing but I knew I was getting a good Vitamin D fix. Bliss. By the time I was jogging back down the road, I began to notice how undulating the road was (getting knackered on slight inclines in other words). You don’t get that problem on a treadmill. I passed the farmer again (who I’m sure nearly laughed out loud this time) and made it home. I didn’t feel particularly sweaty, well it was only 3km, however, after 10 minutes inside, decided the sweat must just have frozen as I’m now drenched! Off for a shower before doing some more paper work I think.

So that was 3km in 18 minutes and 11 seconds and now feeling fantastic (despite still being able to feel that saddle!).

Come one peeps. Only 3 days left. Nearly there xxx.

1 comment:

  1. Well done you for that chilly run...it's not funny when it's so cold that you don't care that your nose is dripping but don't actually care!
    As for farmers-piff they always give me dubious looks too.

    ReplyDelete