Thursday 20 January 2011

20th January 2011

January 20th 2011

Wow, I can’t believe its day 20 already. Only 11 days left. Well its Thursday and that for me means gym day, so whilst Catriona was eating her breakfast I got my bag packed with everything I might need….. trainers, t-shirt, oxygen tank…..

Once Catriona was dropped off at Nursery, my gym buddies and I headed into the Gym. I had to laugh as we walked, very slowly, into the gym. My gym buddy said if we walk any slower we’ll meet ourselves on the way out. Really did laugh.

Anyway, armed with Martin Yellings 180 max interval training again I headed for the treadmill. No elderly group walks today; just young fit things and me so there was a treadmill free. Heck I don’t care who else is running. I can’t hear a thing when I have my earphone is anyway and it’s not as if we all face each other whilst clocking up the km. I managed an extra 50 meters in 40 minutes today. Woo hoo. So that’s a total of 6.25km in the 40 minutes. I didn’t feel the burning desire to jump off the treadmill at 180bpm today so there is some improvement.  

As the time is restricted due to having to get back to pick the miniature whirlwind up from nursery again (she’s only there till half eleven and it’s over 20 minutes drive to and from the gym), I decided to skip Martins cool down and dashed to the pool to do a cool down swim instead and clock up some more distance. Okay I only had 10 minutes but I still managed 16 lengths (25m pool not 50m by the way), so I was quite pleased with that. I’d love to try a triathlon someday but it would need to be done in reverse….run, bike then swim. I can’t run after being on a bike as the legs want to do circle movements…very odd….and there is no way I am cycling or running in a swim suit. There is definitely not sufficient upper decker flopper stopping material in a swim suit to allow me to run and you can’t really swim then jog in a sports bra as it would seriously chaff! I’m not that keen! No intention of spending hundreds on fancy outfits either so it’s a no go really. Maybe a gym one in reverse someday for my own entertainment.

Now I’m back home ready to get lunch made followed by the enthralling tasks of housework! At least it’s more of a work out. The average steps per day of a busy parent doing Janathon are stacking up. My weekly average will be available on Tuesday but today, already I’m at 9391 steps! Bring it on.

Right lunch and to retrieve my inflatable dino from Catriona who finds it hilarious to run up and down the corridor with it around her waist. Maybe she should do the 6k on Sunday!

Stats today: 6.25km jog in 40 minutes and 400m swim in 10 minutes.
Lots of steps and hopefully a clean house again.

No comments:

Post a Comment