Sunday 16 January 2011

15th January 2011

15th January 2011

Well todays blog may be a tad shorter than my usual long winded waffle due to time constraints. This morning I took Catriona along to her dance class. It was her first class of this year (other than practising at home) and she did brilliantly. She wasn't keen to join in the warm up after her class with the 'big girls' so we came home and practised some of their warm up moves in the privacy of our home (exercise session 1).

After lunch it was off to the mother-in-laws to try and drag her into the 21st century. I had bought her a digital phone so that she could carry it around with her rather than having to dash from where ever to the sitting room to answer her current phone. She has really bad osteoporosis and I was worried that one of these days she'll fall legging it to the phone. Anyway, that needed setting up and instructions of use written down in easy form for her to use the phone.

Once home again and tea consumed (and only 1 glass of red wine), out came the Wii. I had purchased Diva Ballerina for Catriona but found it a bit advanced for her. I had a shot though as its good for the core muscles and balance. Quite enjoyed it but had Catriona hanging off me saying she was bored. So exercise session 2 - 20 minutes on Diva Ballerina. Catriona can use certain games on the Wii fit so that went on next. We took it in turns to jog and hoola hoop and do some toning moves. So for a further hour (say 40 mins of me exercising) exercise session 3 - Wii fit.

Not too bad all in all for a day where no dedicated time was set aside to exercise. Just shows that you can fit bits in if you want to.

I have finally got a battery for my pedometer. So for a laugh, well not really a laugh, but out of shear interest, I'm going to measure my steps for the next week and I will report back with the average daily steps taken at the end of next week. Should be interesting as they say 10000 a day I think for weight loss and fitness increase (or something like that). We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment