Monday 3 January 2011

3rd January 2011

What to do…..what to do. My 4 year old daughter is at home and my husband is at work (left at 6am and won’t be back till late), no baby sitter so exercise options very limited. Any exercise DVDs are out the window as my daughter complains that she cannot see the TV and that I am ignoring her! Can’t use the cross trainer as my daughter tries to climb onto it with me (which can be quite dangerous based on how I dance at the same time as using the cross trainer – can’t help it when the music is so good). Mt daughter is far to big for a buggy and far to small for a jog! AAAAAAhhhhhhhh. Okay. Looks like I’m going to have to attempt jogs up and down my 10m corridor. If I do 100 of these that’s 1km (and no carpet left). Better than nothing. So here goes…..

What a giggle. Completed 100 reps of 10m sprints in 8 mins and 4 secs.

This also included numerous hurdles. At first my daughter thought this was hilarious and joined in. Therefore every time I completed one length and turned around I had to hurdle over my daughter to start the next length. Great fun considering she is 3 ft 8 inches tall and mobile! I should add that the terrain was soft and squiggy (newish carpet - hence I know the length of the corridor, with extra thick underlay). This puts added pressure on the calves prior to doing hurdles. Before I even reached half distance boredom for my daughter set in. As a consequence toys started to appear along the length of the corridor. So I went from a jog to a hurdle session and then onto an obstacle course. Quite glad I finished without breaking something whether it is a bone of mine or a toy of my daughters!!
Day 3 jogged (if you can call it that), logged and blogged. Oh and weight loss for 2011 so far -1lb. The weight loss should start progressing now that all the large gatherings have finished and all the left over food and open bottles of wine have gone. My daughter is going back to nursery a couple of hours a day on Wednesday which will also help as I will actually have some time to exercise. 3 days done 28 to go.

3 comments:

  1. Ingenious! Very focused of you to do a 100 reps! Hope you're carpet is ok. Well done! Can your daughter cycle yet or would that be too slow too? Hope you can run in a slightly more inspired environment tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catriona can cycle but has the attention span of a gold fish. 10 feet down the road and she'd be bored. Have been looking at bike seats for older kids but they are soooo expensive. Might have to knock something together myself....hhhmmm could patent it.....anyway, snowing here AGAIN! so no bikes at the moment. Looks like it could be the hall again tommorrow. Maybe do two lots of 100 (oh the fun). At least there is some relief on Wednesday as the schools and nurseries go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! - who says Mum's with young children can't find a way to exercise.

    ReplyDelete