Sunday 16 January 2011

16th January 2011

16th January 2011

Well its Sunday and instead of a quite family day.... its full of things to do as usual. Between all the mad dashing and trying to get all the morning tasks completed I managed to jump on the ab circle for 4 minutes only to pull a muscle at the side of my upper arm (don't ask.... I've not figured this one out myself yet....must have been a bit over zellous using the arm to hold position whilst sliding up to the right on the ab circle). Its actually really sore, but as I don't use my arm, other than as pendulum, to jog this shouldn't be an issue.

After lunch Catriona had a 5th birthday party to attend. 32 lovely children and one entertainer. How he does it I never know. Brave man. The kids seemed to have a wonderful time. I was really good and only tasted one bit of a coconut ball.

Once home, there wasn't much time to actually exercise so back to the hall dash. 100 x 10m up and down the hall with Catriona in tow. Amazingly with Catriona present I did the dash in 7 mins and 8 seconds. No toys to jump over or side step this time. Result.

After tea Catriona had an energy burst. Must have been the party food! So out came the ballet on the Wii followed by the Wii fit. I tell you that ballet is hard. Stand with leg sticking over this way and do movements this way and that with the arms and the Wii remote. Suppose in a way its a bit like Yoga, though I've never done Yoga. Anyway, as the movements are slow, it really works the muscles trying to hold your position and to stop yourself falling off the Wii board, which I did....a lot. As for the Wii fit.... well its a giggle. I do my stint then finish off Catriona's stint as she gets bored half way through. Quite happy that I did some exercise though so don't feel too bad that I didn't have much dedicated Janathon time (yet again).

No comments:

Post a Comment